Welcome Ultimate Koi Clay Inquires! Click here for Info
Water is pumped into the filter from the pond through the multi-port valve where the internal pipework directs the water to the bottom of the unit.
As the water flows upwards inside the K1 Micro Bead, dirt, debris and waste are trapped within the mass of K1 Micro filter media.
The vast protected surface area provided by K1 Micro also provides a home for the beneficial bacteria, along with filter feeders such as Vorticella and Rotifiers delivering mechanical and biological filtration.
The filtered water flows back into the pipework at the top of the unit, through the multi-port valve and back down the return line into the pond.
The K1 Micro Bead filter is incredibly easy to clean, by simply moving the handle on the multi-port valve into the corresponding positions to perform a backwash and a rinse of the K1 Micro media.
- Uses K1 Micro filter media for dramatically improved biological filtration compared to using beads
- Superior mechanical filtration
- Multi-port valve and blower included with all models
- Blower used during cleaning cycle
- Large 10" clear viewing dome on top of the filter
- Improved flow through K1 Micro filter media